$2 Powerball Game Information
MORE winners * BIGGER jackpots * BETTER odds
Download the Information Brochure (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Choose 5 different numbers from 1 through 59 and 1 POWERBALL number from 1 through 35. The POWERBALL number may (or may not) repeat a number already picked.
- Players can place their wagers by using the POWERBALL playslip, which is available where lotto games are sold. Players can also mark the QUICK PICK "QP" box to choose the numbers the easy way — let the computer pick the numbers randomly.
- Choose how many draws to play. Each play costs $2 per play per draw. You can play POWERBALL up to 4 weeks in advance at one time (8 draws).
- You can select the POWER PLAY feature for a chance to multiply your winnings to a set higher prize. This option will cost an additional $1 per play per drawing. POWER PLAY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE JACKPOT.
- Receive, sign and safeguard your ticket.
- Drawings are Wednesday and Saturday at 9:59 p.m. Tickets must be purchased by 9 p.m. to be included in that day's drawing.
- Jackpot winners have 60 days from the date they present the ticket to select annuity or cash option. All tickets are valid for 180 days. Prizes must be claimed within 180 days of drawing.
How To Win
There are nine ways to win Powerball:
|5 of 5 + Powerball
|5 of 5
|4 of 5 + Powerball
|4 of 5
|3 of 5 + Powerball
|3 of 5
|2 of 5 + Powerball
|1 of 5 + Powerball
|0 of 5 + Powerball
Power Play does NOT apply to the JACKPOT. Odds based on 1 play for $2. Prizes are approximately 50% of sales.
* The prize money allocated to the JACKPOT shall be equally divided by the number of plays correctly matching all 6 numbers. JACKPOT winner has 60 days from the date of the ticket validation to select either the Annuity payment method or 30 annual installments or the Cash Option payment method. A Cash Option JACKPOT prize will be equal to the total cash held for the JACKPOT pool, which will be less than the estimated JACKPOT.
Power Play Information
- For an extra $1 per play per draw, Power Play increases your winnings.
- When you add Power Play - if your ticket wins a prize from $4 to $1,000,000, the prize increases to a set higher prize amount
- Power Play does NOT apply to the JACKPOT.