FEATURES AND PROCEDURES
A. The theme and name of the game:
The name of this game is BADGER 5. It is a game in which the player selects a set of five different numbers from one (1) to thirty-one (31). At the player’s option, numbers may be player-selected or randomly selected by computer.
The five (5) winning numbers are randomly selected by a drawing. A pari-mutuel prize is awarded for correctly matching, in any order, five (5) of the five (5) numbers drawn. Set prizes are awarded for matching, in any order, four (4), three (3), or two (2) of the five (5) numbers drawn.
For the purposes of the Lottery’s Retailer Performance Program, this game is considered a daily game.
B. The price of tickets:
- The price of a ticket is one dollar ($1.00), or such other price as set by the Lottery Division Administrator, which entitles the player to enter one play (one (1) set of five (5) different numbers from one (1) to thirty-one (31)) in each drawing for which the ticket is purchased.
- Tickets purchased for the current drawing may also be purchased for the next six (6) drawings. In its sole discretion, the Lottery may designate that fewer than seven (7) drawings are available for purchase. Tickets may only be purchased for consecutive drawings starting with the next drawing available for purchase.
- Options to select future drawings and player-selected numbers may be limited on Wisconsin Lottery vending machines.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled, and there are no refunds. It is the sole responsibility of the player to verify the accuracy of the game plays. The placing of plays is done at the player’s own risk through a retailer who enters the plays.
- A Lottery Retailer, group of Lottery Retailers, or the Lottery itself shall not directly or knowingly sell a play or combination of plays to any person or entity that would guarantee such purchaser a Jackpot win. A player or group of players shall not directly or knowingly purchase a play or combination of plays that would guarantee such purchaser a Jackpot win.
C. The prize structure, including the number and value of prizes:
- All prizes are funded solely out of the tickets purchased. Approximately fifty percent (50%) of each dollar played is allocated to prizes. Prizes are awarded as follows:
|5 of 5
|Guaranteed minimum jackpot of $10,000, which is divided equally among all valid game plays which match, in any order, five of the five numbers drawn.
|4 of 5
|Set prize of $50 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, four of the five numbers drawn.
|3 of 5
|Set prize of $2 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, three of the five numbers drawn.
|2 of 5
|Set prize of $1 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, two of the five numbers drawn.
- If the jackpot prize is not won in a drawing, the prize money allocated to the Jackpot Prize Pool shall be added to the Jackpot Prize Pool for the next drawing. The jackpot shall increase each drawing by not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000).
- The Lottery Division Administrator shall have the option to specify different set amounts for all prizes except the jackpot for a specified drawing or drawings.
- The holder of a winning ticket may win only one (1) prize per play (set of five (5) numbers) in connection with the numbers drawn, and shall be entitled only to the highest prize won by matching those numbers.
D. The frequency of drawings:
Drawings will be held daily, after 9:00 PM Central Time. Tickets for a drawing may not be sold after 8:59:59 PM on the evening of that drawing; all tickets sold after the 9:00 PM draw break on the day of a drawing will be issued for the next drawing(s). Drawing dates and times may be changed by the Lottery Division Administrator to meet the operational needs of the Lottery.
For a period of time, at the discretion of the Lottery Division Administrator, BADGER 5 tickets may count towards entry in Super 2nd Chance drawings. The Wisconsin Lottery will not be responsible for any neglect, failure, or omission on the part of the U.S. Postal Service or any other delivery or courier service used to deliver a player's Super 2nd Chance drawing mailing to the Wisconsin Lottery. The Lottery assumes no responsibility or liability for Super 2nd Chance tickets that are lost, destroyed, or otherwise disqualified from participation in a drawing when such tickets are in the control of the Lottery. All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery to enter the Super 2nd Chance drawings become property of the Wisconsin Lottery and will not be returned. Only tickets sent to and received at the correct address for entry into the Super 2nd Chance drawing will be eligible for the Super 2nd Chance drawing.
E. The method of selecting winners:
Winning numbers are selected by a random drawing conducted in accordance with sec. 565.27 (2) Wis. Stats.
F. The method of making payments to the winners:
- Subject to Wisconsin Lottery validation procedures, an original ticket (not a copy) shall be the only proof of a game play or plays. The submission of a winning ticket, signed by one holder of that winning ticket, which shall be a single human being, to the Wisconsin Lottery or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer shall be the sole method of claiming a prize or prizes. Payment of any prize totaling six hundred dollars ($600) or more requires the claimant to provide his or her Social Security number, his or her Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or a properly completed IRS Form W-8BEN (i.e. a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting) by the claim deadline under section F(8). For-profit and non-profit entities, trusts and other non-human beings are not eligible to play or claim a prize in this game. The Wisconsin Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets damaged after purchase such that validation information is not available to complete validation procedures on the ticket.
- Tickets are void if stolen, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, unreadable, misregistered, defective, or otherwise fail validation tests. "Defective" includes but is not limited to errors in the computer software, computer hardware, code or programming of the game. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to pay any mutilated or misregistered ticket based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular claim. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- Prizes less than six hundred dollars ($600) may be claimed and paid through a Wisconsin Lottery office or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer by the claim deadline under section F(8). Payment of any prize totaling one hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine dollars ($199,999) or less may be made by either 1) signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to any Lottery office for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(8), or 2) by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and mailing it for validation and payment to Lottery Headquarters in Madison. If claiming a prize by mail, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be mailed to Lottery Headquarters in Madison in a properly addressed envelope with the postage duly prepaid by the claim deadline under section F(8). Payment of any prize totaling two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) or more must be made by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to the Lottery Headquarters in Madison for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(8). Personal appearance at the Lottery headquarters in Madison may be waived at the Lottery Division Administrator's sole discretion. All prizes will be paid in cash or by check.
- All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery for the purpose of redemption become property of the Lottery and will not be returned. All tickets winning $600 or more that are submitted in person to a Lottery office for the purpose of redemption will not be returned after the signed ticket is received by the Lottery. Signed, unpaid tickets winning $599 or less that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery. No winning ticket will be returned once the prize for that ticket has been paid by a Lottery office, regardless of the winning amount. Non-winning tickets that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery.
- An unclaimed jackpot prize is not shared among those who claimed the prize. (For example: for a particular drawing there were three (3) plays that correctly matched five (5) of five (5) winning numbers, but only two (2) prize claims based on two (2) plays are made within one hundred eighty (180) days after the drawing date. The two (2) prize claimants are each entitled to only one-third (1/3) share of the jackpot.)
- Prizes may be paid the morning after the drawing, provided calculation of authorized prize amounts is completed.
- Until such time as a signature is placed upon a ticket in the area designated for signature, a ticket shall be owned (held) by the bearer of the ticket. When a signature is placed on the ticket in the place designated, the person whose signature appears in the area shall be the owner (holder) of the ticket and shall be entitled (subject to validation requirements) to any prize attributable thereto.
- The holder of a winning BADGER 5 ticket must claim the prize, in accordance with section F(3), within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date or the prize shall be forfeited. If claiming a prize in person at a Lottery Validations Office, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Lottery within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date. If claiming a prize by mail, the postage prepaid envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be postmarked on or before the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline. The envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. All required claimant information must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. In the event that the Governor declares a state-wide emergency or similar unforeseen circumstance occurs, the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of the Wisconsin Lottery Division Administrator.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin's Open Records law (sec. 19.31-19.39 Wis. Stats.), the Lottery is required to disclose a winner's name, place of residence and, if acquired, likeness. If a player wins and claims a prize, the Lottery may use his or her name, likeness and place of residence without compensation for any purpose. Upon claiming a prize, a winner waives any claims against the Lottery and its representatives for any and all liability which may result from the disclosure or use of such information.
- Any player violating these Features and Procedures is ineligible to win a prize. Any play or combination of plays that would guarantee a Jackpot win is void.
- Prize payments are subject to the provisions of sec. 565.30 Wis. Stats.
Sign up for Players Club
Join Players Club and receive daily emails about winning numbers, game information, exclusive Lottery news, giveaway alerts, winner announcements, and more!