How to Play
- Choose 5 different numbers from 1 through 69 and 1 POWERBALL number from 1 through 26.
- Place wagers by asking for a QUICK PICK or by using the POWERBALL playslip. Playslips are available where lotto games are sold.
- Choose how many draws to play. Each ticket costs $2 per play per draw. Powerball can be played up to 8 draws (4 weeks) in advance.
- Select the Power Play feature for a chance to multiply winnings.
- Check playslip carefully before handing it to the retailer. Powerball tickets CANNOT BE CANCELLED.
- Give completed playslip and cash to the retailer. Receive, sign and safeguard ticket. A ticket is needed to claim a prize. Playslips are not valid for prize claim.
- For each play, all six selected numbers are printed on one line of the ticket with the Powerball number printed to the right under the word "POWER."
October 4 – Powerball is changing. See Details:
- Drawings are Wednesday and Saturday at 9:59 p.m. Tickets must be purchased before 9 p.m. to be included in that day's drawing.
- Jackpot winners have 60 days from the date they present the ticket to select annuity or cash option. All tickets are valid for 180 days. Prizes must be claimed within 180 days of drawing.
How To Win
There are nine ways to win Powerball:
|5 of 5 + Powerball
|5 of 5
|4 of 5 + Powerball
|4 of 5
|3 of 5 + Powerball
|3 of 5
|2 of 5 + Powerball
|1 of 5 + Powerball
|0 of 5 + Powerball
Power Play does NOT apply to the JACKPOT. The Power Play multiplier for the $1,000,000 prize will never be greater than 2X. Odds based on 1 play for $2. Prizes are approximately 50% of sales.
* The prize money allocated to the JACKPOT shall be equally divided by the number of plays correctly matching all 6 numbers. JACKPOT winner has 60 days from the date of the ticket validation to select either the Annuity payment method or 30 annual installments or the Cash Option payment method. A Cash Option JACKPOT prize will be equal to the total cash held for the JACKPOT pool, which will be less than the estimated JACKPOT.